Facelift rejuvenates your overall facial appearance. It is necessary to have it done correctly, so do your ground work first. There will be many things to be done and several to be avoided. First understand the fact that results from different plastic surgeons differ.
There is a need to apply different techniques to customize a facelift process on the basis of your skin, structure, and beauty goals. The plastic surgeons at Facelift Toronto clinic are board-certified and skilled, so will give you a refreshed look.
Preoperative instructions about medication, eating, drinking and hygiene
- Confess any OTC or herbal supplements you consume.
- Night before surgery wash your hair and body to reduce infection risk.
- Arrive for the surgery without wearing jewelry or makeup.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fit clothes with front opening because sliding clothes over the head after procedure is not possible.
- Do avoid alcohol to gain best results
- Avoid OTC blood thinner drugs because it can prolong bleeding. Stop them a couple of week prior surgery.
- Never make drastic changes in diet.
- Avoid food high in sodium.
- Night before surgery stop eating or drinking water from midnight.
- Smoking changes blood flow and does not allow to recover quickly, so quit tobacco several weeks before surgery.
Dos for home preparation
- Shop for soft food loaded with protein and low sodium level.
- Preparation time must be low, e.g. soup, applesauce, or oat meal.
- Drink beverages like fruit juice and pure water.
- Have extra pillows to elevate you for comfort.
- Ice packs must be kept ready to reduce swelling.
- Make arrangements for pets and kids, if any.
- Stock movies and books to avoid getting bored, while recovering and resting.
Keep up with follow-up schedules without fail!